Friday 3 January 2014

New year, New skin



I'm forever fighting a loosing battle with my skin, I'm saying healthy, clear and dewy skin and my body is saying spotty, dully and oily. I'm sure a lot of you know where I am coming from, right? My current skincare routine is clearly not working, I still get break outs and my skin just looks tired and fed up, which is pretty much how I feel about my skin as well, its a mutual thing. So I thought, seen as its the start of a new year, its the perfect opportunity to try some new skin care and in an attempt to tame the beast that is my face haha. I would by lying if I didn't say that these picks were heavily influenced by Caroline Hirons, the skincare godess. I read her blog all the time and pretty much take her opinion as gospel, so when I was trying to decide what to buy, I naturally thought the best place to start was to read her blog.

After hours and probably days of reading her posts, I decided I wanted to try Hydraluron, she raves about this product so I thought its was worth a shot. Hydraluron is a serum you apply before your moisturiser, that is designed to increase the skins hydration from below the surface, increasing the hydration levels in your skin, making it look youthful, dewy and supple. There is a lot more fancy stuff it does but the best place to read about that is Carolines blog, I wouldn't do it justice if I tried to explain it.

I then opted for Eysilix, which is made by Indeed, the same company as Hydraluron. (This is another product Caroline recommends) I have been umming and ahhing about an eye cream for a while, I'm just about to turn 22 and think its probably time to start with some form of  'anti aging' eye cream, to try and prevent wrinkles before its to late. Eysilix claims to reduce the appearance of puffiness, dark circles, crows feet and fine lines. If it does all that I will be beyond impressed, I don't really have super bad crows feet or fine lines yet but even a small difference will make a huge impact I'm sure.

Lastly, I picked up Effaclar Lotion Astringente Micro-Exfoliante by La Roche-Posay. Caroline talks about how much she loves exfoliating toners, though I'm not sure she mentions this one in particular, I thought it looked pretty good, and for the price (roughly £11) it was worth a go.

Iv only been using these products for roughly a week and my first impressions are positive. Once I have test run them for a good amount of time I will update you all on my opinion. Until then, stay tuned.

If you have any skincare recommendations for oily, combination and spot prone skin, I would be delighted if you let me know. I'm always on a quest for new skincare, I feel like a girl can never have to much.....or at least that's how I justify it.


No comments:

Post a Comment