Monday 30 July 2012

Philosophy



A couple of days ago I was walking through Debenhams when I got stopped by a lady who worked at the philosophy counter, she asked me if id like to try some of their skincare and naturally I said yes. We had a little chat about my current skin care routine, my skin type and what I do to my skin. She then matched me with some products she thought I would like and would suit my combination to oily skin. I was given Purity made simple face cleanser, Hope in a jar moisturiser and The microdelivery exfoliating face wash. She also recommended me their retonol cream called help me but she was all out of samples for it and asked me to come back another day to get one (which I did) 

I have tried and used up all three samples, my favorite by far was The microdelivery exfoliating face wash. It wasn't to abrasive like some exfoliates can be, but really did a good job at removing all the dead skin cells. It is enriched with borage oil and vitamin E which really helps to hydrate and soften the skin, as some exfoliates can cause your face to become a little dry and tight, which this one did not. So i am very pleased with this and very tempted to buy the full size bottle of this which is £22 for 240 ml. 

The purity made simple face wash was also lovely, its a 3 in 1 cleanser for the face and eyes that removes makeup while gently cleansing the face, as well as toning and hydrating. I found this fantastic at removing my make up and it didn't irritate my eyes at all, like a lot of cleansers can, even the Avene gentle cleanser hurts my eyes when removing my make up, so it says a lot for this cleanser as Id didnt irritate them one bit. It left my face feeling very clean but not  tight and dry like some can. My skin felt soft and hydrated without feeling over greasy. I will 100% be buying this once my Avene cleanser has run out. 

Hope in a jar is philosophys best selling moisteriser. Its claims to help reduce uneven skin tone and texture as well as hydrating the skin. It also contains lactic acid which causes a light exfoliation effect. I'm quite undecided with this moisteriser. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad by any means, but i'm not sure I love it enough to spend £34 on it. I think id like to try it out a little longer before I make the plunge into buying the full size. 


Philosophy is a skincare brand I always tend to over look, and im not sure why. After talking to the lovely women at the counter and doing my own research I have come to realise they have some amazing products. I will defiantly be trying out their retonol cream as well as their cleansers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment