Thursday 3 May 2012

MAC Blot powder


I have very oily skin, so I go through powers like there is no tomorrow, and as you can see from the photo I have 100% totally used up all of this powder. I bought it after watching Graces' video from the 'uglyfaceofbeauty' many many moons ago, when she mentioned that she used and loved this.

It comes in 5 shades ranging from light to dark, but the girl at MAC told me when I was buying this that due to the fact there is hardly any colour pay off it doesn't matter if you are slightly out on the colour shading. It is designed to 'provide shine control without adding any noticeable colour or texture' to the skin. This blot powder contains Mica and Silica (which are minerals) to adsorb excess oils and to reduce shine on the surface of the skin. The price is £19.00 for 12g which for MAC is reasonably priced.

Its can be applied over foundation or on bare skin to take the shine away, It comes with a puff that could be used if you don't want to have to buy a brush as well. MAC suggest a power brush such as the 129, but you can use any brush of your choice.

This powder does exactly what it says, It didn't look like I had layers of make up on but took the shine out of my skin really well. Even after a few hours there was hardly any shine and if on the off chance there was, I could apply more and it still didn't make my make up look cakey and gross. Big reps to MAC for once again getting it spot on, I can see why they are such a popular brand. Even though you may think £19.00 is expensive for a powder, It lasts well as you don't need to use much at all and it works like a dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment