Saturday 13 December 2014

The Body Shop - Moisturiser addition.


The Body Shop holds a special place in my heart, I love the brand and everything it stands for, so I obviously couldn't pass up an online offer when I saw one. I was in need of some new moisturisers so I picked these up.  

Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream - this product is almost like a whipped mousse texture rather than a cream. It feels very luxurious on the skin and supplies a great level of moisture.  I only use this product when my skin is feeling super dry, I have also just started using an at home 4 week Glycolic Peel Kit, which requires a lot of moisturiser to be applied to the skin after use, so this is perfect for then. I think this night cream would be great for people with drier skin, or maybe when you are suffering with the dreaded hangover skin.

Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream - For anyone with oily skin, you will know the struggles of trying to get your make up to stay in place without making your face so matte from excessive amounts of powder, that you look like you have some weird kind of mask on. I find a mattifying day moisturiser is a must, but again its hard to find a cream that has the right levels of mattyfying-ness and also moisture. Though this is advertised as a cream, it has a gel like formula. Making it fast absorbing and great as a pre make up moisturiser base. It gives me the perfect amount of moisture (It contains glycerine that helps bind water to the surface of the skin, making it great for dehydrated skin), leaving my skin feeling plump and soft, but also shine free for a considerable amount of time. This product is one of The Body Shop's best sellers and I can see why.

Nutriganics Smoothing Night Cream - This is a light weight cream that is 98% natural ingredients, containing no Parabens or Silicones, its great for people who are sensitive to a lot of chemicals or someone who just worries about putting them on their face. It comes in a pump bottle which is easily controlled, so you can dispense just the right amount of product required out. This product absorbs well into the skin, and leaves my face feeling calm, soft and hydrated. It is non greasy which is good for someone like me who has a slightly more oily complexion, and is designed for the first signs of ageing, which again is good for my age group.

Honeymania Body Butter - If you haven't tried or used any of The Body Shop body butters, you are sorely missing out. They are rich butters, that smell amazing and leave your skin feeling so hydrated and extremely moisturised. I tend to only use these body butters on really dry areas, such as feet, knees and elbows. But I do occasionally use them on my legs if they are feeling super dry. I would defiantly recommend these butters to be used at night before bed, as they can take a while to sink in, so not so great if you want to get dressed immediately and crack on with your day. I would highly recommend these to anyone with dry skin, and there are so many scents I'm sure you will find one you love.

I am a massive fan of The Body Shop, especially around this time of year when they bring out their gift sets. This year The Body Shop is also teaming up with a charity called War Child, and for every specially selected gift that is bought, The Body Shop will make a contribution of 4p to the charity to fund a lesson for a child in a war torn country.  So if that's not a good enough reason to pick up a gift set, I don't know what is.

xox



No comments:

Post a Comment