Monday 22 September 2014

PhytoKeratine Repairing Serum for Damaged Lengths.



This hair serum is another cheeky purchase I got while in America, just like the O.P.I. nail polish I talked about here. When I was in the States my hair became really, REALLY dry from all the sea salt, chlorine from the pools and just general hair neglect. Lets face it I was having way to much fun to care about my hair. So because of that I found myself running into Sephora to try and find something, anything, that would make my hair look and feel even a tiny bit better, without having to put much effort into it at all. This product is a Silicone and Paraben free hair serum designed to repair damaged ends, which is exactly what I have. The website states that this product contains Amino Acids and Keratin which help to rebuild and re-strengthen the hair from the inside out. As its Silicone free it means its not simply just coating the hair to mask the appearance of damaged ends, but working deep inside the follicle to help rebuild and restructure the hair. 

I have neutrally dry hair that has also been Ombred, therefore the ends have been bleached, making my hair even more dry. I have to admit that I am also guilty of not using heat protectors on my hair which means the ends are in a seriously bad condition overall.

I didn't think much could help my hair, other than a hair cut really, but I bought this serum anyway. You can use it on either damp or dry hair, and I do both. I actually apply a whole lot more than suggested as well, but as my hair is so dry it doesn't make it greasy at all. Now don't get me wrong, I still desperately need a hair cut but this product actually made my hair look, and feel a lot better. Before I used this my hair was really dry and frizzy at the ends, now I have used this regularly my hair feels a lot smoother and looks more tamed, like I have actually made an effort. Which is a total lie because I can never be bothered to even brush my hair, let alone style it. 

$30 in America and roughly £17 in the UK.




No comments:

Post a Comment